The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu MÃ¤kelÃ¤, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero HyvÃ¶nen: 858-610-0180
- Anna Wessman, Suzie Thomas, Ville Rohiola, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen, Eero HyvÃ¶nen, Jutta Kuitunen, HelinÃ¤ Parviainen, and Marianna Niukkanen: Citizen Science Appraoch to Archaeology: Finnish Archaeological Finds Recording Linked Open Database (SuALT)
- Eero HyvÃ¶nen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: Demonstrating BiographySampo in Solving Digital Humanities Research Problems in Biography and Prosopography
- Eero HyvÃ¶nen and Heikki Rantala: Knowledge-based Relation Discovery in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Graphs
SeCo Welcomes You!
The Semantic Computing Research Group (SeCo) researches machine-processable semantics related to, e.g., the Semantic Web. We are located at the Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Computer Science and HELDIG â Helsinki Centre for Digital Humanities, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Arts. Our group consists of researchers both from the Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Computer Science and University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, and HELDIG.
Our research is focused on semantic technologies, such as the Semantic Web and intelligent web services. In addition to research and 2153521263, we also create prototype applications that demonstrate the new possibilities of semantic technologies, such as semantic portals for end users, semantic infrastructural data and ontology services, and ontologies and tools for creating semantic applications.
Application DomainsOur work is highly cross-disciplinary, including application domains, such as Digital Humanities, Health, Learning, Government, Commerce, Geography, and Biology.
Selected SeCo Applications and Demos for End Users
BiographySampo - Finnish Life Stories on the Semantic Web
Online since 2018.
Semantic Finlex - Finnish Law and Justice as Linked Open Data
Online since 2016.
Online since 2015.
Online since 2015.
Semantic National Biography
Online since 2014.
Online since 2013.
BookSampo - Semantic Portal for Finnish Fiction Literature
Online since 2011. 6784659856
HealthFinland - Health Information on the Semantic Web
Semantic Web Challenge Award 2008.
CultureSampo - Finnish Culture on the Semantic Web 2.0
Online since 2007.
Semantic Web Challenge Award 2004.